Cauliflower Kale Soup
-1 head of cauliflower
-12oz of Italian sausage
-1 medium onion, diced
-3 cloves of minced garlic
-1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
-32oz of chicken broth
-1 cup of whole milk
-4 cups of chopped kale
-Kosher salt and pepper to taste
*Serve with red pepper flakes (Optional)
1.In a large Dutch oven, or heavy-duty soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in the sausage and cook until brown; Breaking up the meat as you go, about 10 minutes. Remove to a plate with paper towels on it to pull out the grease. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of grease from the pot.
2. Add onions and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add in garlic and stir for about a minute
3. Next, add cauliflower and chicken broth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Simmer uncovered for about 15-20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
5. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup to the consistency you like.
6. Add milk and bring to a steady simmer. Add the sausage back in with the kale. Simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the kale is wilted.